Date(s) - 04/21/2021
7:15 pm - 9:15 pm
Who would have thought we would still be in the midst of the pandemic a year later – resulting in the popular Crescent Beach B/W print competition being postponed again.
So, like last year, DPC will hold our own B/W competition.
The images will be judged ahead of time by esteemed B/W photographer, Marc Koegel, so your images will need to be submitted by 8pm Saturday April 17th to give him enough time to judge.
Marc will also be present at the meeting to provide his comments – not to be missed!
From Marc Koegel’s website:
“Marc Koegel is the proud father of two, a photographer, educator, writer & the director of Vancouver Photo Workshops LTD (www.vpworkshops.com
His B/W long exposure landscapes, nudes & architectural photographs have been widely exhibited & have won numerous international awards such as the IPA, PX3, Spider Awards & Epson Pano Awards.
Born in Germany, Marc first came to Canada in 1996 to earn an Economics degree. He has been seriously involved with photography ever since he was given his father’s camera & darkroom setup at the age of 12 (yes I fit this stereotype).
To create his fine art photographs, Marc works with both film & digital processes”.
– each member may submit up to 3 B/W images (no colour or toning).If there aren’t too many submissions we will allow up to 5 images per person. If there isn’t extra space then we will use only the first 3 images per person.
– maximum size for each side is 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high.
– there are no restrictions on editing techniques; this includes the use of vignetting, composites, etc.
– each image can only be made up of image / images that you have taken. In other words, you cannot download an image or texture from the internet or another program (e.g. Topazlabs).
– do not submit an image if it has previously been selected for club entry into a B/W competition.
– send your entries by 8pm Saturday April 17th using the upload link stated on the Mailchimp Newsletter.
– name your images as follows: #-Name-Title.jpg (e.g. 1-Jane Doe-Isolation.jpg). Please use dashes “-“, not underline “_”. Do not use spaces before & after each dash.
A link for the meeting will be sent out nearer the time.
Have fun with this & we look forward to your images!
George & Lien