|We will be selecting our club images for the 37th North Shore Photographic Challenge competition on Wednesday January 27th. The deadline for submitting images is 7 pm on Saturday January 23rd.
Please note this deadline is earlier than usual to allow time for pre-judging.
Summary of details:
– this is an Open competition so all types of images work and digital manipulation is allowed. It must be your photograph and cannot have been entered in previous North Shore Challenges. Images used in other CAPA competitions are allowed.
– maximum width is 1400 pixels, maximum height is 1050 pixels.
– send your images to email@example.com. We will reply to your submission, so if you do not get a reply by the end of the day (hopefully quicker than that), check email address and resend.
– label your images as follows: #-YourName-ImageTitle.jpg. For example:
– colour space is sRGB.
– each member can submit up to 3 images.
– image selection will be the same as for the Celebration of Nature competition with a panel of in-house judges.
– all the images with their scores will be shown on Wednesday January 27th.
– the highest scoring 6 images from different makers will go into the competition.
We look forward to a wide variety of images from many of our members, every member is encouraged to submit an image.
If your image is not selected by the club, you may still enter up to 3 images in the competition as an individual. You do not need to be a member of CAPA to enter.
A photographer who has a club image entered may also enter a different image as an individual.
The deadline for individuals to enter is February 12, 2021.
North Shore Photographic Challenge on March 6th
This year the competition will be an ON-LINE event on Saturday March 6thdue to Covid – mark your calendars!
By going on-line it will allow Challenge participants from across BC & the Yukon, as well as their fellow club members, family & friends to see the show, interact with sponsors showing their latest gear, sign up for CAPA courses, win door prizes & vote in the People’s Choice competition (digital projections this year instead of prints).
For the first time ever, there will also be a Keynote Speech in an afternoon session prior to the show.
The Keynote Speaker this year will be Chris Harris on the topic Artistic Expression: Your Photography as Art.
Tickets to the show, including the Keynote Speech, cost $10 and are available on-line now.
For full details, including how to get your tickets & how to enter as an individual, please see the link below:
George & Lien